I just got my update a couple of days ago. Forgot to make a screenshot of the update center. I just clicked and updated OTA.
Here´s a shot of the `about phone´ setting:
|Click for original size|
The update brings many changes under the hood for Z1 users and Sony released an official changelog, but more about that further down.
For Z Ultra users the touchscreen sensitivity is optimized making it more responsive with fingers and stylus users. There are updates/changes that are for both devices but I can't tell you exactly what those are.
Because I'm an Z1 user, I will go into more details for the Z1.
Xperia Z1 14.1.G.2.257 firmware changelog - according to Sony
- Camera Algorithm Tweaked – Batter Camera Pics now as per Sony’s statement.
- Xperia Camera app runs more smoothly.
- Display is calibrated, need to see whether yellow hue tint issue on Xperia Z1 is resolved or not.
- Better power consumption now.
- Exchange sync more better now.
My changelog, based on my observations
- Camera: I can indeed see improvements in the pictures taken with the camera.
- Camera App does indeed run more smoothly.
- I believe them when they it's calibrated but I can't see any changes, but then again I didn't had a yellow hue tint issue.
- I haven't really tested the battery drain, but as far as my normal everyday usage goes it does seem to be improved a little bit.
- WiFi-range improved.
- Optimized backlight options is permanently ON now.
- Touch sensitivity is better now.
If you're facing issues or bugs with the new firmware please let me know.
I will be posting about the Xperia Z1 camera improvements, so stay tuned.